ILOCOS LONGGANISA HELP!

Filipino Recipe Culinary Forum

Moderator: Hurdy-Gurdy

ILOCOS LONGGANISA HELP!

Postby pen332006 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:08 am

Mga Kababayan esp. sa mga taga ILOCOS, kailangan ko ang tulong at suporta ninyo. I'm starting a small business here in tx, a distribution/manufacturing of our very own, "ILOCOS LONGGANISA", I know in my own, i could cook this local food, have the idea on how to prepare it, but with a humble beginning, I am soliciting different style of preparing this local food. I have my team ready to get this little business going, but I need the skills of the true ILOCANOS/ILOCANOS to bring out the real taste of the ILOCOS LONGGANISA. Manang, manong, alan a, tumulong kayo bassit! Dios ti agngina!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pen332006

Postby Hurdy-Gurdy » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:38 am

I posted this earlier but wasn't sure. Here it is again:

HI GORIO..COULD U BE D 1 I KNOW? OKIE, HERE'S UR RECIPE FOR ILOCOS CHORIZO: A KILO OF GROUND PORK, PORK INTESTINES, OF COURSE CLEANED TO DEATH, LOTS OF MINCED GARLIC, APPLE CIDER VINEGAR BUT SUKANG ILOCO IS BEST, JUST SUIT YOUR TASTE FOR SOURNESS, GROUND PEPPER, SALT TO TASTE. MIX ALL THE INGREDIENTS, PACK INTO THE PORK INTESTINES USING A WIRE LOOP INSERTED AT THE TIP OF IT. LET IT STAND OR MARINATE BY HANGING IT, DRY OUT A FEW DAYS, CAN ALSO BE KEPT IN THE FRIDGE AFTER A DAY HUNG OUT TO DRIP. TO COOK, BOIL IT IN WATER, PINCH IT WITH FORK TO LET THE JUICE OUT UNTIL DRY, OIL COMES OUT, FRY UNTIL GODEN BROWN. SERVE IT WITH ACHARA OR JUST PLAIN KETCHUP...YUMMMMMMMMMMY!!!

It claims chorizo but sounds more like longgonisa. Give it a try cuz I surely will... despite the fact I have not a clue what Ilocos chorizo taste like. Geesh, you'd think that they would all taste alike considering the Philippine island is small.... *WHAT WERE THE ODDS.....* And I'm a monkeys uncle....
Hurdy-Gurdy
Experienced Board Member
Experienced Board Member

Postby direkG » Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:53 am

post na naman ng picture oh. haha. actually, ok na pangnegosyo nga yan mga ganyan pagkain lalo na overseas. basta mahalaga OC tyo sa quality. :D
AKSHEN!!!Image
direkG

Here's your requested recipe

Postby richie5110 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:59 am

[b]Longganizang Vigan[/b]

3/4 kg. lean pork pigue (ground)
¼ kg. pork fat (sliced into small cubes)
1 tbsp. rock salt
½ cup finely minced garlic
1 tbsp. coarsely ground black pepper (optional)
1 tbsp. powdered black pepper
4 tbsp. sukang iloco (native brown sugar cane vinegar) or balsamic vinegar.

Procedure:

1. Mix all the ingredients together. Place in the fridge and let it marinate for at least 24 hours so that the medley of flavors will be absorbed by the meat.
2. After marinating, mix again. Stuff in pig casings. Tie with butcher’s twine making knots on each end of the sausages. Length should be 3” per sausage.
3. Hang (air dry) sausages on clean wires and in room temperature for 3-4 days to cure the meat and rid itself of moisture.
4. If you will not cook the sausages immediately, place in plastic bags and seal tightly. Store in the freezer for future use (3 to 6 months)

Cooking:

1. Place the sausages in a skillet pan. Add a little water to cook the meat.
2. Prick the casings to allow the oil and juices to drip and serve as cooking medium.
3. When the water has evaporated, adjust the stove fire to low to avoid the burning of the sausages. Let the sausages simmer slowly in its own oil until golden brown.
4. Serve with garlic fried rice and vinegar with chili as the dip.
richie5110

Postby VA-Promdi » Sun May 07, 2006 3:27 am

Thanks, I've been looking for this recipe online all night and it's been almost a year of searching for real longganisang Ilokano where I live. Majority of the ones sold in stores around this area are all "hamonado". My dad prefers the "vinegary" kind. I can't wait to try this recipe and let him enjoy eating homemade longganisa.

Thanks a lot. :D
Alma
Promdi de Cavite
Now Nakatira in VA, USA
VA-Promdi

Postby frida_kadiff » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:03 am

:) yes! vinegar-y taste gives it a real kick to the longganisa! if anyone out there has recipe for LONGGANISANG LUCBAN , it will be deeply appreciated!
rock a bye baby on the treetop , when the wind blows the cradle will rock and roll until you drop!
frida_kadiff

Lucban langgonisa

Postby richie5110 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:18 am

frida_kadiff...

Hi!!!

You may use the same procedure and measurement in the vigan longganiza. Except that in the Lucban Langgonisa, u don't place the vinegar. Substitute with 1/4 cup of oregano juice and red food color. Both have no sugar and are not smoked.

Enjoy!!! :)

Rico
richie5110

Return to General