I have only tasted Patotin thrice in my life and I haven't tried cooking it yet. Try this recipe and tell me what you think
1 whole duck, dressed
1 liter Sprite or 7 Up
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp salt
5 cloves garlic
3 bay leaves
1 tsp peppercorns, crushed
1/2 cup onion leaves (cut into 1 inch long)
- stuff duck with lemon grass.
- mix remaining ingredients in a pot and cook duck over medium heat.
- cook until duck is tender. simmer until sprite mixture thickens. serve.
* you can add a cup of coconut vinegar (Tuba) if you are using Sprite/7 Up and wants your Patotin have a reddish color
* you can also use Coke instead of Sprite/7 Up. Don't add Tuba as Coke will already give your dish a redish tint.
* don't cook over high heat especially towards the last part of cooking. this may make your sauce bitter.
* adjust measurements according to your taste preference