Sinaing na Isda by Andy
2 lbs tuna or mackarel
1 tablespoon salt
1/4 lbs pork fat, sliced into strips (optional)
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup tamarind juice or sinigang mix packet
2 cloves garlic
3 tablespoon olive oil
1 thumbsize ginger, crushed
4 pieces serrano chili (optional)
1 cup water
1) Remove gills, head and all internal organs of the fish. Cut fish crosswise in 4 or 5 slices and wash thoroughly.
2) Put the banana leaves in the bottom of a pressure cooker, arrange the pork fat on top of the banana leaves, then the fish next.
3) Pour in the rest of the ingredients, close the lid securely and cook over high heat.
4) Upon reaching boiling point, switch to medium heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
5) Remove from heat and cool down to release pressure.
6) After pressure release, safely remove pressure cooker lid and simmer again over low heat for 15-20 mins or until almost all the liquid has evaporated.[/size]